According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, bananas are free of fat, sodium and cholesterol. They’re also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium.
- The potassium in bananas can help prevent hypertension and stroke.
- Bananas are rich in vitamin C and fiber.
- Bananas contain 20% of the recommended daily allowance of B6, which has been shown to boost your immune system and help in the formation of red blood cells.
Storage & Handling
- Storing temperature: 56-58° F.
- Temperature for ripening: 60-65° F.